Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) crashes when you hit the Play button. After crashing, sometimes it shows an error message or otherwise the Blue Screen of Death appears. This article details solutions that are generally used for fixing SWTOR crash.
- Ensure Stable Internet
- Reset the Router Configurations
- Repair SWTOR Registry Configurations
- Uninstall & Reinstall Crystal Reports
- Run using Compatibility Feature
- Fix DLL File Registration Problems
Ensure Stable Internet
Typically, we overlook internet stability problem. If the internet is disconnecting frequently, then SWTOR crash is experienced.
Download an Internet Optimizer. Select your internet plan and click Optimize Internet button. It will speed-up internet process and ensure stable connectivity. Otherwise change your internet service provider.
Reset the Router Configurations
Bad router configurations can also cause SWTOR crash problem. Reset your router to the factory defaults by performing the steps given below:
- Unplug all cables of your router except the power cable.
- Do you see a small hole named Reset? If so, insert the point of your ball pen in to this hole. Simply press it and hold for 5-7 seconds.
- You’ll observe that the lights of your router will blink. This indicates that concerning unit is restarting.
- Refer to the manual or visit the official website of your router. Follow the steps provided in it for setting up a new router.
Repair SWTOR Registry Configurations
The information required to play Star Wars: The Old Republic is stored in your registry. Whenever you play the game, this information is retrieved and changed.
Unexpected values put in the registry settings can cause SWTOR to crash. Repairing these entries can work as a good fix-it.
Uninstall & Reinstall Crystal Reports
There can be problems with the files stored in the Crystal Reports program folder. Reinstalling this tool can fix your issue.
- Click Start, select Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then Uninstall a Program.
- Select Crystal Reports and click Uninstall option.
- The setup wizard will open. Follow it and start the uninstall procedure.
- When you have finished, please reboot your computer.
- Download the setup online and install the product on your computer.
Run using Compatibility Feature
The Application Compatibility feature can help you fighting with SWTOR crash. Do the steps given below to run this game in the compatibility mode and avoid crashes.
- Right click SWTOR desktop shortcut and select Properties.
- Properties dialog will open. Click the Compatibility tab.
- There is a checkbox called Run this program in compatibility mode for. Mark it checked.
- Click Apply | OK.
Fix DLL File Registration Problems
SWTOR crashes if required Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file registration entries are removed from your registry. Reregister such files to prevent the crashes.
- Click Start, point to All Programs| Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following commands one-by-one after pressing ENTER after each line end:
- Regsvr32 nv4_mini.dll