Minecraft keeps crashing sometimes. This is recently experienced by many users. While the game is loading, it suddenly shows a black screen with an error and crashes to the desktop.
In this article, we will learn about the various ways to troubleshoot Minecraft keeps crashing problem.
- Delete the Contents of Bin Folder
- Clean your Registry
- Update your Graphics Card Driver
- Reinstall Minecraft
- Update Java
- Run Minecraft in Compability Mode
Delete the Contents of Bin Folder
To fix Minecraft keeps crashing close the game and delete all the files and sub folders in the Bin folder in the Minecraft installation directory.
- Click Start | Run.
- Type the following:
- Press ENTER.
- Double click to open the following directory:
- Delete all the files and subfolders in the opened folder.
Clean your Registry
Registry cleaning is essential. Delete the broken and junk entries in your registry in order to fix Minecraft keeps crashing. Download a good Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software to fix the problem within few seconds.
Update your Graphics Card Driver
Download and install the latest updates for your graphics card. This will improve your graphics performance and thereby fixes Minecraft keeps crashing. Visit the website of the graphics card publisher company.
Reinstalling Minecraft may fix Minecraft keeps crashing issue. The steps require to reinstall it are as under:
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
- Select Minecraft from the list of installed programs and click Uninstall button.
- Follow the wizard and restart the machine when it is completed.
Minecraft requires Java to be installed and updated regularly. If the version of Java installed on your system is outdated, then update it and then run Minecraft game again if Minecraft keeps crashing.
Run Minecraft in Compability Mode
If the Minecraft keeps crashing run it in the compatibility mode. The required steps are discussed below:
- Right click Minecraft desktop shortcut and select Properties.
- Click Compability tab.
- Mark the box Run this program in compability for as checked.
- Select an earlier version of Microsoft Windows.
- Click Apply | OK.