Windows Vista boots to black screen. This is becoming a common problem for Vista users. This problem usually occurs due to corrupt boot files of the operating system and it doesn’t allow you to access the data in your system. This article will help you to solve the back screen issue.
Why Windows Vista Boots to Black Screen?
- The MBR file is corrupt
- Partition table is corrupted
- NTLDR is corrupted
- Registry is corrupted
- Boot sector of Windows is damaged
Follow the tips below to fix the problem:
- Scan PC for Viruses
- Clean Registry
- Run Last Known Good Configuration
- Repair Windows
Scan PC for Viruses
f your Windows Vista boots to black screen this may be due to infected files in your PC. You can get rid of this problem by downloading and installing powerful antivirus software. After installation of antivirus don’t forget to update the antivirus before scanning. Run a full PC scan after updating the virus definitions and remove all the infected files from your PC.
Registry is a very important part of Windows as it contains all the information about your system. If Windows registry is corrupted it can result in Windows Vista black screen. Registry problems can be fixed quickly using a good system cleaner and PC optimizer. Scan your system for debris entries to solve your problem.
Run Last Known Good Configuration
If Windows Vista boots to black screen run computer in last known good configuration mode. Most of the times this method fixes the problem. To run last known good configuration follow the steps below:
- Reboot your PC
- Press F8 for 3-5 times
- A menu with different options will appear on your screen
- Select the option “Last Known Good Configuration”
- Press Enter
Repairing Windows Vista can fix the problem of Windows Vista boots to black screen. To repair Windows follow the steps below:
- Insert Windows Vista DVD in DVD ROM
- Restart your PC
- Press Enter when it says “Press any key to boot from CD ROM”
- When Installation screen appears select the option “Repair Your Computer” at the left bottom
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete the repairing process
Mostly professionals recommend Intel Partner Software, RegInOut System Utilities to fix the Windows Vista boots to black screen problem.