BioShock Infinite crashes mostly when you arrive at the “rocket chair” in the light house. Many people are unable to play this game due to instant crashes. This article will give you tips and tweaks to fix BioShock Infinite crashes.
1. Exclude BioShock.exe from DEP
2. Change BaseEngine.ini File Settings
3. Disable Second Monitor
4. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
5. Resolve Registry Conflicts
Exclude BioShock.exe from DEP
DEP refers to Data Execution Prevention. It is a security measure in the Microsoft Windows. Conflicts between DEP and BioShock.exe file causes game crashes. Exclude this file from the DEP protection to fix BioShock Infinite crashes.
1. Click the Start button, right click My Computer. Select Properties.
2. Click Advanced System Properties. (Left hand side in the new page)
3. Under Advanced tab and Performance frame, click the Settings button.
4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
5. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.
6. Click the Add button, browse and add following file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\BioShock\Builds\Release\BioShock.exe
7. Click Apply | OK.
Change BaseEngine.ini File Settings
BaseEngine.ini is a settings file located in the Steam folder. It has all configurations related to the Steam settings. Fix BioShock Infinite crashes as shown here:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Select Run.
3. Type the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\BioShock Infinite\Engine\Config
4. Right click “BaseEngine.ini” file, select Open With | Notepad.
5. Set PoolSize= 512. (Set this value depending on your RAM.)
Disable Second Monitor
Do you use Second Monitor while playing BioShock Infinite? If so, disable this feature. This shall fix BioShock Infinite crashes in case your system doesn’t support this feature. Check-out the Game Options to disable this feature.
Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
There arise compatibility problems on different kind of systems. Run BioShock Infinite in compatibility mode.
1. Right click BioShock Infinite desktop shortcut.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Check-up following box:
Run this program in compatibility mode for
5. Select an earlier version of Windows. (Using the drop down box available)
6. Click Apply | OK.
7. Launch the game.
Resolve Registry Conflicts
Registry is a system database that contain games and applications settings. In order to fix BioShock Infinite crashes it is essential to fix Registry errors. Registry scan is as important as your antivirus scan. Perform full Registry Scan and fix them.
1. Download RegInOut System Utilities.
2. Install and run the program.
3. Under Registry Repair tab click the Start Scan button.
4. Registry scan starts. A list of errors appear at the end. Click “Fix Errors” button to immediately repair the errors.