Cannot copy files to C: drive is becoming a very common problem for Windows users. This problem won’t allow you to copy data in drive C. Here is a perfect solution that will help you to get rid of the problem.
Follow the steps below to solve “cannot copy files to C: drive” problem:
- Remove Temp Files
- Check User Variables for Administrator
- Remove Viruses from Computer
- Repair Windows Registry
- Restore your Computer
Remove Temp Files
Temp folder contains corrupt or junk files which may result in cannot copy files to C: drive error. To fix the problem you have to remove all the files in the temp folder except couple of files which cannot be deleted. To clean temp folder follow the steps given below:
- Click Start
- Type %temp% in search box and press Enter
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the files in the folder
- Delete all the files
- Close the temp folder
Check User Variables for Administrator
Make sure that both the temp and tmp folders are pointing toward root drive; :\documents and settings\your user name\local settings\temp. You can check the user variables for administrator by following the steps below:
- Right Click on My Computer
- Go to Properties
- Click on Advanced tab
- Click on Environmental Variables
- Make sure that both the values under User Variables for Administrator are pointing towards: \documents and settings\your user name\local settings\temp.
- Click OK twice to close
Remove Viruses from Computer
Computer infected by viruses may prevent you from copying files to C drive. This issue can be fixed by running a complete system virus scan and remove the threats detected. But before starting the scan process you should update virus definitions of Antivirus program installed on your computer.
Repair Windows Registry
Errors in Windows registry also create hurdles in different Windows processes. Simplest way of fixing registry is to download and install a Registry Repairing tool. It scans registry thoroughly, detect potential errors and fixes it in few clicks.
Restore your Computer
Another way of fixing the copying problem in C drive is to restore your computer using Windows own utility System Restore. To run this utility follow the steps given below:
- Click Start
- Type System Restore in search
- Press Enter
- Select the option Restore Computer to an Earlier………
- Select the restore point and start restoring process
If you are thinking that the above steps are a bit time consuming then you can download REGINOUT System Utilities an instant fix for “cannot copy files to c drive” error. To download REGINOUT click here.